Monday, October 29, 2007

Gifted #1

Hello, all!
I apologize for the delay. The gift went out over a week ago, right before all of my paperwork was due for the completion of my coaching program. So, on to the gifting....
I must admit, the gifting was more difficult than I anticipated. I carried the photo around and as I passed women I'd catch myself thinking, "hmmm...her? No, maybe her...Wait, what about her?" Eventually, I thought it was time to act. Get it out there! So, off to the Women's Library.
I've peeked into the Women's Library in Newtown a couple of times and it seemed like the perfect place to leave a wonderful surprise for an unsuspecting woman. When I arrived, the library was closed but set to open in a half an hour. With the photograph in a protective covering and a note stating it was for whatever woman came across it first, I crouched down and slid it under the door in one swift motion. My adrenaline kicked in and I was out of there as fast as lightening!
There is no word from the new owner yet. There may never be. That, to me, is part of this experience. Giving for the sake of giving.
Thanks again for the opportunity to see where this take us...

No comments: